Thursday, November 13, 2008

Day 5 - 11/13/08

Today was a successful day. Woke up late again, didn't get started to about 1 again, and the day was on. It started off at Belle Meade Plantation, home to many of the 19th and 20th century champion thoroughbred race horses. The tour guide was pretty new and a bit off (personality wise), but knowledgeable. It was worth the $7 entry fee.

Afterwards, I went to the Nashville Parthenon. Sounds real cheesy, but it's actually off the hook. It's a lifesize replica of the original Parthenon in Greece. As fantastic as it was on the outside, I couldn't go on the inside because it was closed by the time I got there. So I'm going to try again tomorrow. I did get a few pictures of me in front of it though.

After the Parthenon, I tried to make my way to a bar and grill called 3rd and Lindsley. I found a parking garage on third street, only I didn't realize Lindsley was a mile away. So I got back in my car, paid my $6 to get out, and tried to find my way there.

Found the place, watched the show, even bought the cd. In case you're wondering, the performer was Brendan James. He's worth a look up for sure.

Anywho, some other hoo-ha happened, and I wound up at another show at 11. Watched a band set up for 45 minutes, listened to them sound like crap, and then waited for the headliner. The first band was Cigarrette Trees, and they were trying so hard to have a gimic, they forgot they actually had to learn to play their instruments. So I watched a guy who looked like the singer from the Used, a guy with black teeth, a guy who looked like Ryan Rocket, and a girl who thought she was an 1860's wench play basically noise.

Anyway, the next band was an electronic group called Fly Golden Eagle. They were halfway decent, but nothing to sceam about. Now its 2 am and I'm ready for bed. Nighty night.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

i hope i'm not the only person to comment on these things, but i have one thing to say. should have bought a GPS

Anonymous said...

Post more often cus I like to read them boyfriend!

Anonymous said...

BTW I had to use my old AIM screen name which is lame:(