Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Day 7 - 14 11/15/08 - 11/22/08 aka Downtime in Atlanta

Atlanta was a lot of fun for me personally, but doesn't hold a lot of outside interest, as far as you (the reader) is concerned. I expanded my sporting horizons with a winning game of capture the flag and two losing games of whiffle ball, neither of which I had ever played. Capture the flag was by far the more fun of the two (winning may have helped), and it taught me a very valuable lesson. Well, retaught me. If I ever get chased by a criminal, I'm fucked. I sprinted as fast as my long legs would take me for about, I don't know 75-100 yards or so, and was severely out of breath. Not your regular, "Wow, I'm winded" out of breath. This was like, "I can't even inhale because I'm so tired" out of breath. 

Given that the last time I ran any considerable amount for soccer in 9th grade, I felt pretty good about myself for outrunning the girl chasing me, who at the time I thought was a very in shape soccer player. Turns out she has no ACL. Not a torn ACL, but NO ACL. So it turns out I can just barely outrun somebody missing a major ligament in their knee. But it was fun none the less. 

The rest of my time in Atlanta consisted of a lot of video games and watching of the Sci-Fi channel show Eureka on my laptop. I learned how to play drums on Rock Band 2. I got pretty good, if I say so myself. Good being I can pass most songs on hard with 85 percent or better. In this case, most meaning 12 out of the 15 songs I played. 

Apple and I went to the Coke museum on Friday the 21st. It was rather fun. They confiscated my pocket knife upon entry, we listened to a tour guide talk about the history of Coke for a bit, then went in to watch a mildly entertaining take on what goes on inside a Coke machine. After that we saw how Coke is made (apparently not with cocaine anymore....lame. Not because cocaine is awesome, but what sense does it make to get rid of the namesake of your product? It's like if KFC would stop serving chicken.) Anyway, we also saw tons of memorabilia and a 4-D movie about the uniqueness of Coke. 

Then the grand finally, the product tasting portion. Over 60 Coca-Cola products from all over the world. Most were gross, others were tolerable, one or two were actually ok, and then there was the Beverly. Now, you may think certain things you have eaten or drunk (or drank?) through the years have tasted bad, but they don't compare. This Italian beverage was a mixture of bitter, sour, and other bad tastes I can't even describe. Couple that with carbonation and the aftertaste that rivals Hitler in horribleness, and you have the Beverly. Well maybe not Hitler, but it was definately the suckkkk.

Other highlights of Atlanta include eating Mellow Mushroom pizza for the first time (which is quite delicious, but not quite delicious enough to cost 19 bucks), and free cafeteria food (sometimes). Other times the caf. workers would take my money. Apparently Oglethorpe doesn't do guest meals, so that's an interesting bit of trivia. 

Saturday night was my last night in Atlanta, and headed out Sunday before noon. Well, almost headed out. But that post to follow soon. Right now it is 1:30 in the morning and I am ready for bed. Nighty night.

No comments: